The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver Course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating is right for you: particularly if you expect to go scuba diving, primarily with a dive guide.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive in open water under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
What will you learn?
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases over two days:
- Three Knowledge Development sessions to understand the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Three Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills.
- Two dives in the open water.