Few nations have histories as ancient, complex and laced with tragedy as Armenia. And even fewer have a culture that is as rich and resilient. This is a destination where you will be intrigued by history, awed by monuments, amazed by the landscape and charmed by down-to-earth locals. The simply extraordinary collection of medieval monasteries scattered across the country is the number-one attraction, closely followed by a dramatically beautiful landscape that is perfectly suited to hiking and other outdoor activities for students. And then there’s the unexpected delight of Yerevan – one of Europe’s most exuberant and endearing cities. Put together, they offer an enticing and hugely enjoyable travel experience.
- Visit Khor Virap, Noravank, Jermuk, Areni (winery)
- Explore the natural wonders of Noravank, Tatev – Ropeway, Karahunj (Zorats Karer)
- Excursion to Garni, Geghard, Lake Sevan, Tsaghkadzor (Kecharis, Ropeway*), Dilijan (Goshavank, Haghartsin), Ijevan winery.
- Experience lavash baking and the national dance performance.
- Visit Echmiadzin (Hripsime, Gayane, Mother Cathedral, Sunday liturgy).
- Develop the importance of self-awareness and teamwork
- Be able to appreciate nature and cultural differences
- Understand the importance of preserving nature.
- Strengthen the physical and emotional well being
- Understand Armenian culture and history and that is the best way to understand its politics, motivations, and social habits.